Initiatives for a Carbon-Neutral Society
Panasonic Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. aims to be especially proactive in promoting the Panasonic Group’s goals of “achieving net zero CO2 emissions of all operating companies by 2030” and “expanding its contribution to reducing CO2 emissions of society”, as outlined in “Panasonic GREEN IMPACT”.*1
In addition to the energy conservation initiatives of all employees, the company also aims to achieve virtually zero CO2 emissions from its operations by the fiscal year ending March 2023 by adopting renewable energy and operating with electricity derived from 100% renewable energy sources.*2
Going forward, the company will strive to continue enhancing the competitiveness of its businesses and to contribute to the protection of the global environment by reducing its own CO2 emissions and offering solutions that can help customers reduce their CO2 emissions.
The company also shared today its goals toward 2030 with employees.
*1 For more information on “Panasonic GREEN IMPACT”, click here.
*2 The company actively promotes virtually zero CO2 emissions by procuring Non-Fossil Fuel Certificates and I-REC Certificates to offset the company’s CO2 emissions from electricity, and credits to offset CO2 emissions from fossil fuels.
Global Warming Prevention
Panasonic Group is making efforts for continual improvement in energy saving constitution.
We achieved the target of CO2 emissions in fiscal 2020 with 0.1 million tons on global basis.
|CO2emission [ t ]||16,841||83,794||100,635||112,922|
(converted into crude oil) [ kl ]
Energy Saving Activities
- Energy Saving Committee: Sharing energy saving case examples and promoting optimum standardization
- Steady promotion of business plan with performance management and visualization
- Reinforcement of energy saving activities at overseas sites
Energy saving case examples
We promotes following activities on global basis, reducing CO2 emissions.
- Promoting Introduction of LED lightings and PV power generation systems.
- Introduction of high-efficient chillers, air conditioners, vacuum pumps, compressors, improvement of control for compressors and dry roomes, incorporation of inverters to pumps, etc.
- With energy visualization, conducting facility stop at nights and holidays, optimization of intake and emission fans, lowering pressure of air/steam, measures for leakage, insulation/heat recovering, thinning out of lighting, optimization of illuminance, etc.
- Improvement in productivity of facilities and yield ratio, etc.
- Holding Energy Saving Network Event at overseas sites (Thailand and Maraysia) sharing energy saving case examples.
Through these activities, we achieved reducing 783 tons of CO2 emissions.
As a fruit of above energy saving activities, we received following awards.
We make efforts for daily energy saving activities, as well as promotes continual improvement toward more efficient energy use in the future.